- my room is still great
- my roommate is also great. I got to introduce her to hockey for the first time with the Canada v. Russia Super Series game last night. Good times :)
- I’ve met so many awesome people already! I hope I can remember their names next time we run into each other.
- Random people have invited me to play pickup hockey with them (usually because they’ve seen me in my Leafs jersey or RBK Hockey shirt) so it’s nice to know that there are options to play outside of the official school options.
- looking forward to my first fall class on Friday
- dinner tonight was great. Usually I don’t like Vanier Hall food but the salmon was truly fantastic and broccoli is always great.
- that dinner took $15.39 off my meal plan. I know the fruitopia skewed things slightly and I won’t be making that mistake again but I certainly ate much cheaper when I cooked for myself.
- my bed creaks like the door to a haunted house
- the ice cream social welcoming event was far less great than advertised
- being treated shabbily by an RA in my own residence on the second night. Before all the new kids got their student cards the main doors were unlocked so people could get in and go home. Thus, the RAs took shifts making sure that the people coming into the building actually lived there. I’m all for that. However, if this particular person could pretend they didn’t enjoy the power so much I think the whole thing would’ve gone a lot better. Thankfully the other RAs and student government officials vouched for me. Now the doors are locked so it shouldn’t happen again.
- I have to go back to Toronto this weekend and I’d rather stay here :)